Apply for Assistance to Pay Your
Rent, Mortgage or Utilities
Rental, utility or mortgage assistance in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, are now being provided by the Opportunity Council and the Orcas Community Resource Center.
Rental or Utility Assistance: If you need help paying your rent or utilities,
1. Contact the Opportunity Council if you are a landlord who has a tenant who is behind in their rent, go here:
- Tenant application – www.oppco.org/sanjuanrentalassistancetenant
- Landlord application – www.oppco.org/sanjuanrentalassistancelandlord
– Landlords should first encourage the Tenant to apply. Tenants will be contacted and will still need to verify information, sign documents, and provide income documentation if the Landlord initiates the application
– If the Landlord is applying for the Tenant they will need to know the basic eligibility information listed above and additional screening information that includes:
o Tenant address and contact information
o Current rent arrears owed including which months and amounts
- If you are unable to complete the below application and would like to speak with someone about your rental assistance needs, please leave a message at (360) 734-5121 extension 308. Messages will be responded to in the order in which they are received. Language interpretation services are available.
2. If you are denied assistance by the Opportunity Council, bring a copy of your denial statement to the Orcas Community Resource Center, (360) 376-3184.
Mortgage Assistance: If you need help paying your mortgage, contact: Orcas Community Resource Center, (360) 376-3184.