Reporting to the Director of Finance & Administration (DFA), the Accountant enters, analyzes, and reports on financial transactions and property data for the organization and its subsidiaries in both an accurate and timely manner, noting and communicating to the DFA any unusual data, trends, and opportunities for improvements.
This is a year-round position working 25-32 hours per week, including a required work schedule between the hours of Monday – Thursday 9 AM to 3 PM Pacific, with opportunities for growth. This position may be performed remotely, in-person, or with a hybrid schedule agreed upon in advance.
Compensation is dependent upon relevant experience. Benefits after a 90-day introductory period include Paid Time Off, Sick Leave, and options for pro-rata share of Health Insurance and contribution to SIMPLE IRA (Individual Retirement Arrangement). Employment is at-will.
- Associate degree or higher in Accounting, or comparable experience
- 2+ years of dual entry Accounting functions’ experience
- Dual entry accounting software experience (e.g., Abila MIP Fund Accounting, or similar)
- Skill with Microsoft 365
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent communication
- Positive attitude & quick learner
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter, analyze, & report to DFA on financial transactions in dual entry accounting software (Abila MIP Fund Accounting, or similar experience required), including a variety of functions such as accounts receivable, cash receipts, and journal entries across multiple funds in the chart of accounts.
- Check for accuracy in figures, postings, and reports. Correct and/or note and report to DFA any discrepancies found in records.
- Enter donor and services file data into customer relationship management software (Salesforce, or similar experience preferred).
- Assist with other projects, as assigned by DFA.
- Accounts Receivable function activities.
- Assist with Cash Management activities.
- Assist with Month-End Close activities.
- Assist with Quarter-End Close activities.
- Assist with Year-End Close activities.
- Assist with annual Audit preparations.
- Maintain accurate electronic backups, per Standard Operating Procedures set by DFA.
- Protect privacy and security of sensitive information.
- Enter CRM data and produce reports, as agreed by DFA.
- Consistent attention to detail following Standard Operating Procedures set by DFA.
- Adept at multi-tasking.
- Ability to analyze data & trends.
- Enjoys fostering positive internal and external relationships (customer service mindset)
- Customer relationship management (CRM) software experience preferred (Salesforce, or similar).
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is performed indoors. Sitting for one or more hours at a time. Occasional standing and walking on level surfaces. Occasional lifting and carrying of 10 pounds maximum. Seeing, reaching, handling, and fingering to use PC, printer/copier/scanner and calculator, and file documents. Hearing and talking to use telephone.
Please email resume to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin the week of December 4, 2023, and will be accepted until the position is filled.