April’s Grove Rental Townhomes
*Attention* Paper copies of the April’s Grove Preliminary application are still available outside the north entrance of the Senior Center. The April’s Grove office at the Senior Center is closed to the public due to COVID-19.
Preliminary applications will be available starting March 2, 2020
Beginning March 2, 2020, applications will be available at the April’s Grove office at the Senior Center, OPAL Community Land Trust, Lavender Hollow Apartments, Orcas Community Resource Center and the Public Library. Completed applications MUST be returned either in person or by mail to the April’s Grove office at the Senior Center in order to be eligible.
Si habla español:
April’s Grove has both income and need-based restrictions. 41 out of 45 townhomes are income restricted, meaning you cannot make more than a certain amount annually, adjusted by family size. Also, some needs will get priority for a limited number of townhomes. Five eligibility requirements are explained in more detail below.
1. Income Eligibility*:
21 Units are available to applicants earning up to 50% Area Median Income (AMI)
Currently, 50% of AMI is:
Estimated Monthly Rent for applicants earning up to 50% of AMI:
- Studio: $595
- 1 Bedroom: $634
- 2 Bedroom: $768
- 3 Bedroom: $878
20 Units are available to applicants earning up to 60% of Area Median Income (AMI)
Currently, 60% of AMI is:
Estimated Monthly Rent for applicants earning up to 60% of AMI
- Studio: $730
- 1 Bedroom: $779
- 2 Bedroom: $941
- 3 Bedroom: $1,078
4 Market Rent Units (No income limit) Estimated Monthly Rent
- 2 Bedroom: $1,289
- 3 Bedroom: $1,511
2. Occupancy Standards Eligibility:
A minimum of one person per bedroom.
A maximum of two persons per bedroom plus one additional person per unit at move-in.
- Studio: 1-2 persons
- 1 Bedroom: 1-3 persons
- 2 Bedroom: 2-5 persons
- 3 Bedroom: 3-7 persons
3. San Juan County Resident Eligibility:
With all things being equal, April’s Grove will prioritize for its housing households with at least one member who has resided in San Juan County for at least one year preceding occupancy or who is an employee of, or has an employment contract with an employer in San Juan County.
4. Landlord Verification and References Eligibility:
References must indicate a likelihood of success as a tenant and must reflect an ongoing ability to pay rent. A household must earn at least two times the monthly townhome rent. Both short term and long term rental assistance may be available to help households become eligible.
5. Rental Screening Eligibility:
- Must have a good report from a rental screening service. There is a charge to the applicant for the actual cost of this service.
- Must submit a complete application with no omissions and attend at least one in-person interview.
- Must have good landlord/good housekeeping references.
- Must have good credit/be able to demonstrate the ability to pay rent.
- Must be legally responsible to enter lease agreement.
- Must be capable to carry out lease requirements.
- Must not be engaging in any illegal activities.
- All rental history in the past 24 months for all adult applications will be considered in the context of the applicant’s ability to perform the obligations of the lease.
For more information, please contact:
Management Staff Jeremy King or Erin Davis
April’s Grove Senior Center Office, PO Box 192 Eastsound, WA 98245
360-376-7723 TDD #:711
For a copy of the Eligibility Flyer click here.
*Income limits based on current information that will be revised.